Re: RE: 99 Dak options

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Sep 21 2009 - 18:50:15 EDT

Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@comcast.net> wrote:
>> I think financially speaking, you'd be better off doing the maintenance on
>> your current Dak and continuing to drive it rather than buying anything new.
>> The 5.2 will last you a long time if properly maintained.

  I agree with that, especially given the huge hit you take whenever
you drive a new vehicle off the lot.

> That is my fervent hope.... but if the motor goes, then I am toast...

   I haven't looked into it in great detail, but I believe reman
engines are still readily available, as are salvage pulls. Plus, if
the engine goes, that would give you an excuse to drop a 360 in place
of the 318. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-