Re: Re: Rear CC speakers

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Sun Oct 04 2009 - 18:52:51 EDT

Yeah, I've seen the adapter plates, but the 5.25" doesn't seem to have
the bass I'm looking for to backfill the fronts. The mids and highs are
nice on the component 5.25" system, I wish I'd gotten 6.5" ones as it
looks like they'd have fit.

I've been tempted to try to fit the Pioneer 4 way 6x9's from my wrecked
Neon into the back but I suspect it'd take a lot of metal cutting to
accomplish. Problem with the 6.5" ones is that I'd have to figure out
how to seal the rest of the hole, which is a pain in the neck, but
doable if it'll yield more of a return and wouldn't require more cutting
than a couple of new screw holes.

Thanks,

MattB