Re: Rear CC speakers

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Sun Oct 04 2009 - 18:33:51 EDT

>>but it's a lot more work, and I'm wondering how much they'll
backfill the bass compared to a decent 5x7. Any opinions?<<

Putting the 6.5 in there will provide you with more bass for sure.. well,
any round speaker will have better sound quality and a broader frequency
range than an oval speaker. If you can make the 6.5 fit and can give it the
power it wants, you'll be much happier with it than trying to find some
5x7's.

I don't know if they still make them, but there used to be a component 2-way
5.25 and small tweeter that fit in a 5x7 plate just for applications where
there was a 5x7 speaker from the factory. Might be worth checkin' out if
you're as lazy as I am and just wanna tackle the project with a philips head
=)

- miggity
00' R/T CC... mods, I has them.