Pullin' Power

From: teseract@moparhowto.com
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 00:03:56 EDT

Had my first opportunity to use 4-Low over my "weekend" (I work 8 days on/6
days off). My wife and brother in law had a misguided idea of closing off part
of the back yard with some old steel fence posts and some used fencing.
Needless to say it looked like crap and worked even worse. I'd already removed
the fencing but had been procrastinating on the posts.

I'm glad I bought a 4x4, as even with the Sure-grip rear end all I did was have
some fun digging holes in the yard with the rear tires. I thought about 4-Hi
but I decided to give 4-Low a shot since I filled it with Amsoil ATF a month or
so ago. HIGHLY recommended, it pops in to 4 low so much easier now. Before I
had to turn the engine off with it in neutral on a slight hill and let it roll
forward slowly while popping it in to 4-Low. I turned the truck off to avoid
grinding still (Automatic trannies makes 4-low engagement a pain) but it slid
right in. I was hoping for more drama to annoy the neighbors and get my wife's
heart racing, but all it took was hooking my tow strap up to the tow hitch ball
and letting off the brake and letting the transmission creep pull it out.

I guess I need to find a stump to pull out to get the truck bouncing around
with all 4 tires spinning in 4-low... darn. ;)

MattB