Re: Compression

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Oct 09 2009 - 17:33:26 EDT

"Jamie Calder" <jcalder3@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> It's the advertised compression ratio I'm looking for.

   Allrighty then. :-) You'll need to look at the pistons themselves
- there may be a number stamped into the top of the piston, but more
probably it is underneath - on the pin boss or in the crankshaft
counterweight clearance area. If its underneath, I'm not sure that
you'll be able to read it without some dissasembly. :-( You can try
pulling the oil pan and getting in there with a light, mirror and/or
scope. Anyway, if you can find that number, you can contact Ross and
they should be able to tell you what you've got, even if they were
custom.

   You might want to contact the guy who built the motor, on the off
chance that he still has that info. Course, then you are depending on
him to give you the right number which is yet one more chance for
error/abstraction away from the true compression ratio. :-(

--
                                          -Jon-