Re: Compression

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 09 2009 - 22:47:26 EDT

Well the good news is that it's just a short block on an engine stand. I
contacted Ross and they said if it's not on the top, then look on the bottom
of the piston below the pin (just like you suggested). I assume this will
be the inner wall and not outer wall (I hope)?
On a similar note, what are some recommendations for a advertised
compression ratio for a 408 with R/T heads? What would the suggested true
ratio be? I know the cc's of the R/T heads will be a determining factor
(I'm just trying to sound like
I know what I'm talking about now)? I have a cam in there now but I think
I'll
be changing it out with one from Hughes Engines.

Thanks for any info
James