Re: RE: 4.7L durability/mileage

From: James Johnson (sixpackdak@execulink.com)
Date: Tue Oct 27 2009 - 18:31:19 EDT

Until I get back to work, most of the trips with the truck will be
loaded (probably under 1000lb) on the highway, with the odd trip around
town. Occasionally I will be pulling a trailer, but not often.

Maintenance is the big question mark when buying any used vehicle, you
never know what you're going to get. I did drive a nice, loaded 2002 SLT
w/360 Magnum in it and if it wasn't for a multitude of small issues I
probably would have bought it. I've been getting mixed reviews on the
4.7L from people I've talked to locally, but I figured I'd get a better
sense of what the engine is all about from you guys since you're all
enthusiasts. :)

James