Re: RE: Simple kill switch

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Nov 01 2009 - 00:10:50 EDT

Matt Beazer <teseract@moparhowto.com> wrote:

> It looks like it has some kind of bypass inside the cabin on automatic
> equipped models:

> http://www.moparhowto.com/pictures/1995-Dakota/2ndgenclutchswitch.jpg

> I have no idea what it looks like though other than it's a yellow 14ga
> wire...

   It should look pretty darn close to the first photo in the thread
on that forum that Brian posted earlier:

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59002

   It looks to me from the FSM page you posted that they are still
using the connector (C235) even in the automatic, so almost certainly
they are using a jumper wire as shown in the forum post.

   Your GenII connector won't have that red slide lock on it as shown
in the forum post, but it will be green. There is a large bundle of
wires that runs behind the fuse panel, then they split out and run
individually through the firewall via a squarish terminal block
several inches to the left of your brake pedal. The clutch pedal
connector, if it exists in your truck, will come out of that large
bundle of wires.

   Should be pretty easy to find - look for a green connector behind
your fuse box where the plug in the connector has a yellow wire
running from one side of the plug to the other.

--
                                          -Jon-