Re: AOL write up on Chrysler changes...

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Thu Nov 05 2009 - 11:56:13 EST

>>After all, the people who
basically own and run Chrysler (hint: most of them have .gov e-mail
addresses) are the same idiots and/or scumbags who are doing their
level best to tank the economy and screw up the entire country. (I
don't think its a coincidence that the only one of the big three
currently turning a profit - Ford - is also the only one that didn't
latch onto the government "bailout" teet.<<<

While I make it a habit not to disagree with Jon, I have to say that there
is no conspiracy on Ford's part here. Ford saw the economic hurtin' on the
horizon and closed a bunch of plants and offered packages to employees in
preparation. Ford has their finger on the pulse of fleet sales, and that has
always been a really good indicator of sales trends to come. Once fleet
sales started dropping off, Ford started preparing for bad news. Since Ma
Mopar and Chubby don't really see the fleet numbers that Ford does, they
probably didn't see it comin'... of course, poor business decisions and
being dropped recently by larger corporations didn't help either... =(

- miggity
00' R/T CC... mods, I has them.