Re: AOL write up on Chrysler changes... (OT)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Nov 09 2009 - 19:36:08 EST

"Zito, James A (GE Infra, Energy)" <james.zito@ge.com> wrote:

> From Jason:

> I don't think Europeans understand pickup trucks any more than
> Americans understand soccer.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> No Americans understand soccer just fine, we DON'T like to watch it
> though.

    Heh - one of my favorite soccer quotes comes from an episode of 2
and a half men:

       Jake: Can we watch the soccer game instead of basketball?
    Charlie: What are you, nuts?
       Jake: Sophie said soccer is the most popular game in the world.
    Charlie: Good, they don't need us to watch it then.

    I'd agree with that for sure. :-) Actually, I find *all* team
sports boring and don't understand the fascination or emotional
investment. Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer,
whatever... They are all equally uninteresting - wake me up when its
over! :-P

--
                                          -Jon-