RE: A/C running in winter

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Thu Nov 26 2009 - 08:20:30 EST

The whole idea on having a defroster is to remove the moisture from the air
to more efficiently defrost (and warm) the windows. Putting in a switch is
defeating the purpose of defrost, not to forget what was already said about
the lack of lubrication in the compressor.

Best practice, defrost the windows and then change the selector to
floor/panel heat. The compressor will only run in the defrost or A/C mode -
it doesn't run in panel or floor. (That's a free fix)

I'm sure the few dollars saved on fuel outweigh the cost of a new compressor
($800+).

- Bernd