Re: A/C running in winter

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Thu Nov 26 2009 - 16:21:52 EST

Turn on the defrost, defrost the windows, turn the heat to the floor,
the windows fog back up again. You spend your entire trip pressing
buttons on the HVAC unit. My Neon was horrible in this regard due to
the size of the front window and how much power the compressor sucked
off the engine. You'd take off from a light and all of a sudden you'd
think you'd strapped a thousand pound trailer to the back of the car.

I much prefer to get the windows de-fogged, using the A/C mode if I want
to with the button, then once clear leave warm air going across the
windows to keep them de-fogged, rather than having to play a video game
with the HVAC controls while driving on icy/snowy roads. My Neon had no
A/C problems in the 6 years and 80,000 miles I drove it with the A/C on
defrost disabled. The A/C still blew ice cold until my wife got in a
head on collision in it. :(

MattB