Re: Chrysler Changes

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Nov 26 2009 - 13:06:31 EST

SilverEightynine@aol.com wrote:
[...]
> I looked at that tonight... the Identification Reassignment file... screams "NO
> NO ITS NOT A DODGE ANYMORE ITS A RAM!!"

   I saw a Ram TV commercial the other day. It was about the same as
any other truck commercial except the word "RAM" was big and bold all
over the thing, and the announcer kept referring to the truck simply
as "Ram". The word "Dodge" was not uttered during the entire
commercial. Then, at the very end, on top of a black screen there was
the ram's head logo (silver, I think) front and center with the word
"RAM" (red I think) big and bold under it, and WAY down under that, in
TINY white letters, I THINK it said "Dodge" followed by a few other
words. I couldn't make it out, the font was so small, but I'm pretty
sure the first word was "Dodge". Harumph. :-P

> I'm seriously looking at getting a new truck soon, and a Ford seems like a
> really good choice these days...

   I have to admit, that (Super Duty?) that Adam's friend towed the
buggy down to the DML BBQ with looked pretty sweet. Ummm, for a Ford.
;-) One of the local used car dealerships has had a pretty nice
looking Ford dually parked out in the lot for a couple of weeks. Its
got the whole "mini-semi truck" thing going on, decked out for towing
with the ground effects and whatnot. Pretty nice looking, and I might
be tempted if I didn't already have my Cummins 3500. I still like my
"restify a classic Dodge up to modern specs" idea though. (I like
that idea even better when I get to spend your money doing it, rather
than mine.) ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-