Re: Engine/Tranny removall

From: Jim Zito (conv442@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 28 2009 - 00:18:54 EST

my thots on tranny dropping are as follows....

I want to skin the assholes who designed the gen 3
crossmember....crossmemevers should go straight up and not need the body
lifted to remove them.......gen 3 u have to lift body to get the top bolts
out and have to hammer in from behind since they are aboot 1/8 wider than
the frame rails where they live

of course the upper tranny bolts are easier to access with the body aboot
and inch up in the air........

also the fact that dodge decided that using bolts with metric heads and SAE
threads on the carrier bearing also angered me just a little.....

Jim Zito
conv442@earthlink.net

 "We don't inherit the world from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
kids."
 Al "Grandpa Munster" Lewis