Re: Re: oil burner conversion?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Nov 29 2009 - 01:37:46 EST

Bob N <bocd@optonline.net> wrote:

> What's the HP on the turbo version of this motor?

  About 130hp, 350lb-ft but of course they can be modified much
higher. I could be wrong as I'm certainly no expert on this engine,
but I think all of the 4BT motors are turbocharged; same as the 6cyl -
I think that entire family is a turbodiesel line. In fact, I believe
"turbocharged" is what the "T" stands for in 4BT.

> I'd like to build a motor to replace my 3.9 and was also thinking about how
> heavy the 5.9 is...I already have tire rubbage

   Do you mean the 5.9L Magnum? If that is too heavy, then the I4
Cummins would definitely be a problem; even though its the "baby"
Cummins, its about 750lbs!

--
                                          -Jon-