Re: Dakota Thanksgiving

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 29 2009 - 19:50:32 EST

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 18:22, <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote:

> SilverEightynine@aol.com wrote:
>> I was going to keep the girlfriend a secret and just arrive out at the BBQ with
>> her... but my ego wouldn't let me keep it quiet for too long.  As one guy I
>> work with put it "hell has frozen over and pigs are flying" -- My reply was
>> "all thats left now is a Cubs world series".
>

>    The way I see it, you now face an un-enviable conundrum.
>
>    In regards to keeping her existence a secret from the DML, an even
> more prudent course of action would be to keep *us* a secret from her!  ;-)
> (Lest she run away screaming, scarred for life and never to return.)

Norah thought *I* was going to run away screaming, scarred for life
and never to return back in 2000.
The better question is, if she *does* come to the BBQ, how & where
will we hide her? Keys are easy to hide. A whole person? That'll take
some effort.

>    However, if she doesn't come to the BBQ, you *know* that we will
> assume she is a *man* and the merciless banter will commence...   ;-)
> (Andy is warming up in the bullpen right now; he's got about three
> years worth of payback to forward!)  ;-)

If she doesn't come to the BBQ, we'll have to question her very
existence. Sure, Tom might be able to pass around some pictures, but
does he have the Photoshop skillz to remove the watermarks from
whatever website he gets them from well enough that we can't spot
them?