Re: Mini Cooper

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Dec 04 2009 - 10:57:16 EST

On Dec 3, 2009, at 18:13 , Bob N wrote:

> What's a 6bt? There's a cooper in town that has a Honda vetch in it...the
> thing really hauls ass. There's also a guy in my town with the old little
> cooper that has a vetch in it too. I love driving this thing but I gota get
> something bigger....This is my second cooper, I've been driving one since
> 04. I'm thinking about the volks cc sport.

6bt is the 5.9L Cummins. 4bt is the smaller 3.9L cousin found in many P-vans that was being discussed in the diesel swap messages.

I've heard of a few VTEC classic Minis, that's really got to be a riot.

A college friend of mine preordered a MINI when they first came out (that made it an 02 right?) and it was really a fantastic car. It gave itself saving he and his now wife from an illegally parked car on a dark foggy Cleveland road, and he replaced it with a new '04 or '05 S.

Really one of my favorite vehicles....

Mike