fuel pump 1998 Dodge Dakota 3.9

From: $pook (richardfiser@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Dec 04 2009 - 16:54:51 EST

Is it possible for a fuel pump to sound like it is running but it isn't
pumping fuel? Won't start, no fuel pressure at pressure release on the
fuel rail.
The sound it makes is, I don't know, louder than usual, like an
overstressed hydraulic pump. I hate describing sounds a vehicle makes.
Everyones perception is different. [ :^ ) Looks like I'll be pulling
the box, soon, depending on the weather. I get pretty busy with snow
removal this time of year. Fortunately I don't use this truck for snow.
2wd and all.
Thanks

I rear ended a semi last Dec with it. Replaced radiator, bumper and
brackets, hood, grill, headlights battery box and airbags. The battery
was on it's side for a day or so but lost no fluid. Since then I
sometimes have had to cycle the key on and off 2 or 3 times before it
would start.
One mechanic said it could be a plugged screen.?