2009 BBQ FINAL

From: Jim Zito (conv442@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Dec 15 2009 - 01:00:05 EST

Ok folks, in my AAR for the last BBQ, I reported that my 1 wheel drive
vehicle...aka the mountain bike was dead.
The rubber donuts in the front forks had rotted out, likely because I
didn't clean them after BBQ '08......

Anyway after not bothering with it for awhile, and then finally finding the
website for the manufacturer of the forks and then finding out that they
didn't support them any more.........

AND then finding out that the pricks who run the mountain bike world have
decided that 1" steerer tube isn't big enough and you have to have a 1-1/8"
steerer tube........

I managed to find a set of forks on eVil bay that use real coil springs and
the bike is rideable again!!!!!

Of course I could use stiffer springs, or I need to drop 30 pounds.......

Jim Zito
conv442@earthlink.net

 "We don't inherit the world from our ancestors, we borrow it from our
kids."
 Al "Grandpa Munster" Lewis