Brake issue

From: clhyer@cox.net
Date: Sun Dec 20 2009 - 16:45:59 EST

Evening all,
Do we have a master cylinder going bad? '98 w/V6, power brakes, approx. 175,000miles.
The brake light and ABS light comes on intermintently. I changed the switch located on the rear differential, the lights still come and go. Now I notice that with the truck in gear, if I depress the brake pedal it goes about 1/2 way, stops, then will go down just a little further, not much, but noticeable. I don't see this in my '99, it only goes to the stopping point and no further.
Thx,
Cal