Re: Winter tires

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Jan 02 2010 - 23:14:59 EST

I don't have a Dak any longer, but I purchased a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks for my wife's Grand Caravan. I can tell you these are a dedicated snow tire. The guy at the tire shop looked at me kinda funny when I had them mounted back in the middle of August. We live in Northern California, in the Sierra Nevada mountains and I was having them put on at Beale AFB in the Sacramento valley where they don't get much if any snow. We've already had a snow storm bad enough to have chain controls enforced by CalTrans and we had no problem getting around. Matter of fact, I was able to drive around easier in the van then I was in my Jeep Grand Cherokee in 2WD. The Blizzaks have so far worn well, ride quieter then the old worn out tires that were on the van before, and have given us excellent traction on gravel, wet, dry, and snow. They will slide a bit on ice, but they aren't studded and if its that bad and I have to go someplace, I have cable chains I use. I highly
 recommend them.

Ray