tracking down suspension rattle

From: David Margrave (david.margrave@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 10 2010 - 22:01:19 EST

I just replaced the lower ball joints (and uppers a couple years
back), and also CV axles which needed it (they were clunking in
reverse when backing out of the driveway). It has decreased the
suspension rattle I occasionally feel through the steering wheel and
brake pedal, but not eliminated it. It is most noticeable while
braking, the moment before coming to a complete stop and maybe
sometimes right after, I can feel some rattle. The ball joints have
improved things but I want to track down the last source of rattle.

I'm wondering what I should be looking at next, maybe the control arm
bushings, etc. Is that job a pain? I have done some searching on
various sites and upper control arm bushings, OEM or aftermarket,
don't seem to be available for my truck. Lowers are available, with a
good selection of brands and types (urethane, etc)

Thanks,

Dave
95 4x4 5.2L

p.s. I'm in digest mode so if you could cc: replies that'd be great.