Re: Internal vs. External Balance

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 14:12:50 EST

Yeah, the 68-71 340 engines had the forged cranks, beefier forged
rods, forged pistons too. But in 72 they really tuned them down...
cast internals and a set of heads that dropped it from 10:1
compression down to 8:1.

What I did was take the 72 block, use the stock cast crank (good for
about 600hp) and went with some eagle i-beams, decent KB pistons and
magnum heads to get the compression back up to 10.1.

It's not really made to be a big powerplant, but enough to make things
interesting. ;)

Gary

--
Gary Hedlin
98 Sport 3.9 (for now)

--Many talk about those who died, but too few talk about those who survived... THANK A VET!