Re: Is the Maloo R8 the fastest production "truck"?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Mar 10 2010 - 17:45:42 EST

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> On Wed, March 10, 2010 12:31 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>>
>> Yep. And even in racing, unless the track is completely straight
>> and really long (i.e. salt flats), you need to turn eventually,

> The exception also applies to I-80 through Nebraska, where the objective
> is to exit the state in the shortest amount of time possible before you
> lose your mind.

    Hmmm, I may stand corrected on my earlier assertion that top speed
has no practical use. ;-) Since I-80 through Nebraska is about 450
miles, each 10mph brings the state line about an hour closer. :-)
(Well, that's at "normal" highway speeds - once you get up near
200mph, another 10mph only shaves 6 minutes or so.) But, having never
had the "pleasure" of traversing that particular stretch of road, I
will have to defer to your greater experience as to the relative worth
of those 6 minutes. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-