Re: Front & Rear Seal

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2010 - 20:50:39 EDT

Never done it, but I think you can do the front seal in truck, but you
might as well replace the timing chain, water pump, etc. while you're in
there.

The rear seal requires the removal of the transmission and transfer case
to get to it.

So the short answer is: No, it doesn't need to be pulled, but if you're
going to do both seals you might as well pull it and do some other
freshening up while you're at it.

MattB