Re: RE: Great News :(

From: Phillip Batson (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2010 - 16:00:42 EDT

Those bolts haven't been touched...ever. (about 102k miles) So I'd be scared I'd break em off, plus I'm not sure I can even get at the bolts. He was talking about having to have the head removed and have the broken manifold bolts drilled out by a machine shop. I know there sure isn't very much room in there. And with my luck with mechanical stuff, I'm betting most would bust off on me.

The only "symptoms" I've noticed is the obvious noise, which sounds like a busted pipe, and the engine seems to be running hotter than normal. Gets louder the harder I push the accelerator. But I haven't noticed a loss of power or it running rough at all.
What else should I be looking for that would point to a blown head gasket?