Re: BBQ

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Mar 26 2010 - 21:41:04 EDT

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> On Fri, March 26, 2010 1:24 pm, Tom Coulter wrote:
>>
>> provided to see "Recent pics" seems to time out

> I think that's for the live webcam that's only operational during the
> actual event. The only mystery is why the link is still on the page the
> rest of the year. Maybe at one point he had it configured to just show
> the last pics that were grabbed.

    That's correct - that page is just for the live webcam, which
actually hasn't been active for the past few years. I notice that
page said it was for the 7th annual BBQ. That made me try and figure
out exactly where we are now. The first one was in 1999, and I
believe we've had one every year except for 2006 when it was preempted
by the National Meet, so I guess that makes this year the 11th annual?
If that's the case, then I guess we haven't had a camera in something
like 4 years now. I might try to set something up this year, but
can't promise anything. I actually just found a dirt cheap robotic
pan and tilt mount at x10.com, but haven't had a chance to play with
it yet. So, there's a chance that we might even be able to have folks
move the webcam around, which would be kinda cool. Again, no promises
for sure since there's lots of other work that needs to get done
first. Plus, the stupid wireless cameras operate on the same
frequency as the wireless access points, so we usually need to make a
decision between 'net access for the laptop folks vs webcam for
everyone at home. Ah, the trials and tribulations of the DML BBQ!
:-)

                                        -Jon-

--
Jon Steiger