Re: Shocks and Struts

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Apr 04 2010 - 03:13:44 EDT

guiao wrote:
> Hi--
>
> I have a 2001 Dakota Sport 4 door, 5.9. Need new shocks and struts. How about
> some
> recommendations. Don't want something too stiff/harsh.
> Thanx,
>
> Joe

I kind of went the other way from most of the list, I went with Variable
Valve shocks, Monroe Sensatrack's to be specific. Just driving around,
you get the soft ride, but when you are doing more, either offroad, or
with a load, you get heavier damping.

On the front I went 1 range harder [fatter], and on the rear, I went 2
ranges harder. When you go to the autoparts store, look up the proper
size and use that to figure out the larger one that has the same mounts
and stroke but a higher damping range. If I remember correctly, the
actual fronts I used were for an old bronco, and the rears for a 3/4 ton
Chebby truck.