Intermintent turn signals

From: clhyer@cox.net
Date: Sat Apr 17 2010 - 06:53:06 EDT

Good morning,
Have a '99 Dak V6 auto. Latest item of concern is the turn signals. Both sides. When I use the turn signal it flashes between 1-3 times and quits. After the turn is completed the switch returns to the off position. It quits flashing outside and on the dash. Plan to put a new flasher in today. Bets on whether it fixes it or not? Can't say that I recall this problem coming up before. If it is the flasher that fixes it, it will be the first one I have replaced in 40+ years of driving...
Cal