Re: Intermintent turn signals

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2010 - 15:07:15 EDT

On 17-Apr, 2010, at 06:53 , <clhyer@cox.net> <clhyer@cox.net> wrote:

> Good morning,
> Have a '99 Dak V6 auto. Latest item of concern is the turn signals. Both sides. When I use the turn signal it flashes between 1-3 times and quits. After the turn is completed the switch returns to the off position. It quits flashing outside and on the dash. Plan to put a new flasher in today. Bets on whether it fixes it or not? Can't say that I recall this problem coming up before. If it is the flasher that fixes it, it will be the first one I have replaced in 40+ years of driving...
> Cal

I don't think I saw your results. With a couple blinks and then nothing my bet is on the flasher.

I have an issue of my own: I have a short somewhere that killed my signals. I thought I'd find some crushed and shorted wiring behind my front lights but I have good lights and connections all around now, and it still doesn't work.

symptom: nothing lights up for hazards or signals.

changed flasher: no change
fuse is good

If use jumper wire in the flasher socket, I can get things to light up inside and outside. So for the moment I have a jumper wire in there such that I can signal by moving the lever on-off-on-off myself. Obviously the multifunction isn't at fault.

Any ideas where to start looking?

After not finding the expected mangled wiring I'm thinking I may have gotten a bum replacement flasher...

Mike