5.7L HEMI EGR valve?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue May 18 2010 - 23:00:01 EDT

    My brother is getting a DTC for the EGR valve in his Durango with
the 5.7L hemi. I know next to nothing about that engine so figured
I'd drop a query here - anybody know anything about the EGR setup on
the 5.7? How much of a hassle is it to swap out? Oh, also, how does
the computer "know" that the valve is bad? Is there some sort of
sensor on the valve itself which might be the true culprit, or does it
infer that the valve is bad based on sampling other sensors or perhaps
resistance readings on the control wires?

    Thanks!

--
                                          -Jon-