RE: Exhaust header gasket

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2010 - 18:09:36 EDT

Headers are aftermarket tubular steel pipes between the heads and the
exhaust pipe(s). Exhaust manifolds are cast iron and come stock between
the heads and the exhaust pipe(s). Which do you have?

Besides an annoying noise, a leak there will affect your Air/Fuel ratio and
possibly cause poor performance and gas mileage as the O2 sensor(s) won't be
seeing the correct A/F ratio.....which will give your PCM incorrect data.

Are you sure you have a gasket problem or could it perhaps just be some
loose bolts?

Ray