Re: FW: Sticky caliper

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Jun 06 2010 - 00:52:58 EDT

Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Jim Zito wrote:

>> OK driver's front caliper is sticking intermittently. Please remind
>> me if
>> it's driver's or passenger side that indicates bad booster??

> Passenger, I believe. And I still have a real problem with that being
> a symptom of booster failure since both fronts are on the same
> plumbing off the master....

    Agreed - definitely do some more detective work before assuming
its the booster, especially since master cylinders are so much fun to
work on. :-) I had the front passenger caliper stick on my '90 a few
years back. I don't remember now whether I replaced or rebuilt the
caliper, but either way, its been working fine ever since, so it
definitely wasn't the booster in that case. (The rubber "boot" on the
piston wasn't retracting the piston properly.)

--
                                          -Jon-