I'm really beginning to think I'd have done better with a frod

From: Jim Zito (conv442@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2010 - 23:02:00 EDT

After suffering from the Houdini of the NV3500 world, and the stuck caliper
pin...............

Well, the brake fix was good $0 and it's fine. But I now I know why I smelt
friction material burning after fixing the brakes.....and that friction
material explained why the AC wasn't working.................

Still unsure if it's just a toasted clutch or a stuck compressor but I do
know the clutch is destroyed on the compressor.

Learned an interesting lesson today....the belt that Auto Zone says fits a
Dakota without AC is just about 3/4" too short on one with AC when bypassing
the AC compressor.....

Bernd, was I correct in assuming that the serp setup is the same for both
models??

Jim "URGE TO KILL GROWING STRONGER" Zito