01 Dakota Speaker Help

From: Bill M (y1topbanana73@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2010 - 08:37:09 EDT

Pretty much everything I own is falling apart and Murphy is beating me
roundly about the head and shoulders.

I managed to blow all 4 speakers in my 01 Dakota within 1 week...so
much for the longevity of "Infinity" speakers!

Anyway, I looked it on Crutchfield and they are supposedly 6.75". A
car audio tech @ Bust Buy said a 6.5" will work...WRONG. The factory
speakers have some extended mounting ears that none of the replacement
speakers seem to have. Anyone have some suggestions on an inexpensive
set of replacement speakers that I can use for this truck? I'm not
having much luck.

--
Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo62008.html