99 Clutch

From: Mike & Sharon Higgins (clearcreek@gobrainstorm.net)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2010 - 17:13:42 EDT

I had my clutch replaced last week, and this week it popped the slave
cylinder. It is a 1999 Dakota, 318 (5.2), 5 speed. The pedal is mostly on
the floor now. The mechanic (friend, generally reliable) claims the factory
supplies a slave and master cylinder as an assembly, sealed and bled,
install as a package. Since I supplied the master cylinder from NAPA, he
found the slave from his supplier (likely NAPA also), but he claims there is
no practical way to effectively bleed it. He asked me to try to drive it a
little to see if it improves. Well, it has, but is not yet very high after
two days of double clutching, pumping, and bumpy roads.

Anybody think it will improve? Are there other ideas?

Mike Higgins
 99 Dakota
55 Belvedere Sport Coupe