05 Grand Caravan problem

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 00:59:00 EDT

Hi guys, I need some advice/help. My wife's 05 Grand Caravan had an intermittent
problem that seems to have become a permanent one. A few months ago, we were
coming home from someplace and it got dark. When we turned on the headlights, we
got the park lamps but no headlights. We flashed to high beams and the flash to
pass worked but still no headlights. When flashed back to lo beams, we had
lights. This has happened only once or twice till tonight. Now we got no head
lights unless we hold the dimmer switch in the flash to pass position. I suspect
the problem is in the dimmer switch itself, but I'm not sure. The online manual
I referenced said something about the body control module having some affect on
the headlamps but I don't have the technical knowledge to make a definitive
diagnosis. Anybody have any ideas?

TIA,

Ray