Re: Re: Unplanned Exhaust Modification

Date: Sat Jul 24 2010 - 14:05:30 EDT

WA state. In 2005 at the behest of the wonderful Washington State
Patrol they removed language in the law limiting it to 95db because it
was "too hard to enforce", so the state legislature bent over backwards
for them.

It is now technically illegal in WA to have ANY modifications to your
exhaust. A police officer in a bad mood can technically pull you over
because your exhaust looks shiny and aftermarket and is therefore
illegal in WA, and give you a $75 ticket for an "illegal muffler
modification".

http://search.leg.wa.gov/pub/textsearch/ViewRoot.asp?Action=Html&Item=4&X=724110430&p=1

Supposedly it's not a moving violation so it won't affect insurance.
It's just another $75 a motorist stealth tax.

MattB