Brake Issues

From: Kurt Cypher (kcypher42.lists@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2010 - 16:31:28 EDT

I took my 97 Dak out today, and after letting it sit for a few minutes
at one stop, I got back in and when I pressed the brake pedal before
starting, it went nearly to the floor, and the "brake" & "ABS" lights
came on. It isn't the infamous "brake line rust-out" issue that
several have reported (including myself), because I still have braking
power, I just don't appear to have power brakes.

I'm currently guessing the booster may have given up the ghost, but I
thought I'd check the DML for suggestions as to what other things may
cause these symptoms.

Kurt