Dakota => Hemi Ram?

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Aug 22 2010 - 10:08:04 EDT

You know, stopping at a car dealer at 8:30pm on a Saturday night when
you have been out in the sun all day and are all wrung out is rarely a
good idea. Especially when you are not looking for a new truck , don't
want a new truck, really don't want a new truck payment, and generally
have no business on a car lot in the first place.

So there I was last night, driving along and minding my own business and
  then my short attention span got the better of me, and I was
distracted [...ooohh, Shiny!] by a YELLOW 07 ram 1500 crew cab, big
horn edition; at a little po-dunk dealership in the middle of no-where..

Here's what I know:
  Price: $23,990
  Body style: CREW PICKUP, short bed -the short 4 door, not the mega
  Mileage: 25824
  Exterior color: YELLOW
  Interior color:
  Engine: 5.7L, 8 Cylinders GAS
  Transmission: 4 Spd Automatic
  Drive Type: 4 Wheel Drive
  VIN: 1D7HU18217S252105
  Features: Air Conditioning, AM/FM Stereo, Compact Disc, Dual Air Bags,
Power Brakes, Power Steering, Tilt Wheel, Factory tow package.

It's bigger than I want, but in yellow it's damn purty. It also is 1/2
the price of a 2010, for only 25k miles. Since I have 150k miles on my
Dakota and it still runs like a champ, I assume the hemi should give me
roughly the same level of reliability. My only complaint with the
Dakota is the gas mileage, which if the ram even lives up to the low end
of it's range should be the same in town, and much better on the highway
- supposedly the 07 got the MDS which should help even further.

Now, new trucks are just ridiculously expensive, so I have pretty much
crossed them off my list:

Local 2010 Rams:
MSRP $41,105 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup SLT 4x4
MSRP $39,860 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup SLT 4x4
MSRP $40,379 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup SLT 4x4
MSRP $41,105 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup SLT 4x4
MSRP $44,725 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup SLT 4x4
MSRP $39,810 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup SLT 4x4

Local 2010 Dakotas:
MSRP $32,450 2010 Dodge Dakota TRX 4X4 Crew Cab v6
MSRP $31,345 2010 Dodge Dakota Big Horn (Lone Star) 4X4 Crew V6

So, here I am, thinking about whether I want to mess with this, but
unfortunately for every reason I can come up with *not* to pursue this,
I can come up with an equally valid reason to go ahead and do this...

Decision, decisions, decisions....