Re: Starter Question

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2010 - 17:32:38 EDT

On 30-Aug, 2010, at 00:36 , TerribleTom wrote:

> I also can identify, with a good degree of accuracy, the sounds of Cummins, International (Powerstroke) and the Duramax diesels... they all have different distinct sounds.

Even more distinctive than the starters.

12v vs 24v is also quite obvious - they sound the "same" but the 24v just has twice as much going on - it almost sounds like it's running at twice the speed, but only in the valvetrain.

I successfully test drove 2200 miles or so with my 13 speed, I'm calling that a success. Here's the build posting I'd promised:
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=912565

Mike
Wrinkled Dak on 42s
Rusted Cummins 13sp