Re: Starter Question

From: TerribleTom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2010 - 00:36:55 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> On a related note, have you noticed how every Chrysler product
> seems to sound the same when they are cranking? I wouldn't be
> surprised if that same starter is being used in just about everything.
> :-)

You are pretty much right on the money Jon. The starters are
Nippendenso models. The same basic design, with slight variations on
the wire hook ups and nose cones for bolting up.

I've learned to recognize that sound - its very distinct and easily
recognizable. I also can identify, with a good degree of accuracy, the
  sounds of Cummins, International (Powerstroke) and the Duramax
diesels... they all have different distinct sounds.