Re: tap tap tap, ..oil....

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2010 - 22:14:49 EDT

knox.james@sympatico.ca wrote:

> Amsoil is the best . but you guys never learn :-)
> Zinc enriched
> Jim ; 91 Dak 318 LA,
>
> drag racing Sept 12

Funny, I never have acquired the taste for the Amsoil flavored Koolaid.
  Actually, I had bought an oil filter relocation kit for my truck a few
years back, and when I really got to looking at it, the quality was so
unimpressive, I changed my mind and decided to sell it rather than
taking a chance on it leaking and dumping my oil.

Soo, I put it up on Fleabay, and Oh, good lord, some of the emails I got
from the "official amsoil dealers" on the evils of selling it would curl
a sailors toes. You would think I was selling the recipie for fried
babies for all of the vitrol and anger in those emails. I even got a
couple emails from the amsoil.com domain that were, er, less than
cordial threatening everything from pulling my ad to hellfire and
damnation.

Naturally, being the meek submissive type of guy I am, I am sure you all
can imagine my reaction to being told I cannot sell an item that I owned
on the internet because of some pyramid scam dealer policy, especially
when the emails STARTED OUT rude and high handed and devolved from
there. The results were spactacular to say the least, including one guy
that swore he lived in the same town as me and was going to track me
down and put a whoopin on me. I doubt things would have gone as he
expected if he had made good on that threat, but he didn't live up to
his word, darn it.