Spark plug change in a 4.7L

From: TerribleTom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2010 - 23:55:58 EDT

My girlfriend dumped her 04 Impala for a 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Overland... a very plush Jeep I might add... I'm slightly envious
actually - but don't tell her heh.

She wants me to throw new plugs in it, its running fine with 98,000+
miles on the engine, but theres no telling when or if the plugs were
ever changed. My knowledge rests with the older engines... 3.9s, 318s,
360s etc... I've hardly touched a 4.7L before. I was trying to
determine what has to be removed to get the plugs pulled. From a quick
glance, it seems the upper plenum can be removed pretty easy... two
bolts, the air duct connection, and the throttle body connection. Then
it seems a simple matter of pulling the coil packs. This sound about right?

I was initially worried about having to pull the upper plenum and
possibly needing a gasket... but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm planning on throwing autolite 3922s in there - the stock heat range
copper plug.

-- TerribleTom