Re: Re: K&N fipk

From: MICHAEL CABE (mikecabe@prodigy.net)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2010 - 00:47:58 EDT

Mike,
I replaced the whole stock air box with the K&N setup . It just seems that it is dogie and falls on its face like a lean condition . I see no gas mileage gain . I put new plugs in at the same time as they were shot . I used champion iridium plugs . The truck has about 62000 on it .It idles smooth as silk and cruises fine . I think it sucks too much air .I have had the K&N setup on it for about 3000 miles I would think it would have learned by now . The truck has no mass airflow sensor or an air temp sensor . After I installed the fipk i read an article some where I don't remember where that said without a mass airflow the computer doesn't know what to do with the xtra air and could create a lean condition .I just wanted to know if anyone had heard this or had the same problem
Mike Cabe