Re: MOPAR Automatics

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2010 - 00:17:02 EDT

I haven't had too much complaints about the 42RE in the 98. 1st one
lasted 176,000 miles, swapped it out in 03, that one's been running
great since. The 45RFE in the 05 has lasted 126,000 with only a
solenoid needing replaced at 75,000.

On the solenoid packs, If it were me, I'ld take a good look at the
electronics controlling them.... just seems like with that many going
bad, it may be something else.

Before I'ld do anything, I'ld call Denny at Sharadon Performance
(651.426.0061). He really knows his stuff when it comes to
transmissions. And he can build you one stout trans if need be.

Gary

--
Gary Hedlin
Show Car Signs by Hedlin Designs

--Many talk about those who died, but too few talk about those who survived... THANK A VET!