RE: Re: K&N fipk

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2010 - 16:43:53 EDT

Surprised me too for the same reason. I dunno who else uses it these days.

> snip <

> Yep, it would be nice if the Mopar computers were as user friendly
> as some of the Chevy and Ford systems, but there is certainly a lot
> that can be done within the parameters of the stock (or Mopar
> Performance) computers. Custom flashes are available from various
> sources as well for more radical setups. These are more expensive
> than modifications to Chevy or Ford computers, but at least there is
> an option available, should someone be looking to squeeze everything
> they can out of their setup.
>
> -Jon-

While true, if you choose your cam specs wisely the stock or MP PCMs are
quite forgiving. Considering my mods (ported & milled heads, cam, intake,
throttle body, headers, etc) I still run too rich at WOT but overall the
truck behaves and drives like a stocker. Your mother could drive it to the
store and not realize it's been modified.....other than the exhaust noise.
;) (Funny what a lost cat will do to the sound level on a Gibson exhaust)

Ray