Re: Re: K&N fipk

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Sep 19 2010 - 12:36:26 EDT

MICHAEL CABE wrote:
> ray,
> thanks for your post and jon your input.i have one more question.i live in northern illinois and it can be below 0 for a few days and in the 0 to teens the rest of the time.should i leave my k&n setup on in the winter or could the cold affect my truck in some way? now i got some reading to do . thanks again guys.
> mike

I also live in Illinois, and I drive alot in the winter. When I first
put it on, it was pristinely clean that first winter and I had to put a
couple strips of duct tape to get it to run right. My solution lately
has been to make sure not to clean my K&N as winter approaches, so it's
partially dirty over the winter. YMMV [literally]