Re: Re: K&N fipk

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2010 - 18:31:05 EDT

I am not 100%, when I first put it on, it was cold, and my truck didn't
want to idle right. I ignored the problem until one night I was on a
trip in freezing rain and I checked my oil at a gas stop, and noticed a
big ball of ice covering 1/2 of the air cleaner. At the same time I
noticed my idle had smoothed out. By the time I was done and driving
again, the ice had melted and my funky idle was back. Once I got home,
I experimented, and determined that a strip of duct tape fixed me right
up. The next winter, I remembered my fix, but I was idling fine, so I
didn't need it, and the difference was that I had not cleaned my air
filter. Objectively it doesent make alot of sense, but well, it is *my*
truck, after all. It has almost as much weird shit happen to it as
Tom's truck...Ok, well maybe not Tom's, but I will take the Pepsi
challenge with most any other DML'er...LOL