Re: Re: DTC P-1740 for the 3rd Time

From: TerribleTom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2010 - 02:07:43 EDT

Mike & Sharon Higgins wrote:
> It is interesting to me that you would subscribe to a "Chrysler" mailing
> list and feel as you do, but more interesting that you would post such a
> comment and think that anyone would care much about the comment
>
> Mike.

Heh - obviously you do not know who I am and what I am capable of...

My first reaction to your comment was one of irritation and a desire to
inform you of the holistic healing benefits you could experience, by way
  of my size 12 steel toe boots inserted rectally upon your personage.

After the initial emotional outburst subsided - I indeed considered your
comment. And you speak some truth... it is quite interesting that
someone such as myself - who claims to be a Mopar zealot ... would post
such a blasphemous comment such as the one I made, damning a portion of
a Dodge truck to the fiery depths of hell.

That was the point at which I realized you were just ignorant :)

Ignorant of the fact that I honestly didn't care if anyone else cared
much regarding my post. I posted it, as a way of venting my frustration
to a crowd of individuals who already know me quite well. This same
group of individuals - collectively known as the DML, has become well
acquainted with my odd little outbursts, late night rantings, and most
of my other quirks... say - why don't you ask me what it feels like to
be a freak?

As for the reasons for my anger regarding the Chrysler Automatics... it
is quite common knowledge that Dodge cranked out some very crappy
transmissions in the 90s trucks. I have worked in the automotive after
market parts business for almost 10 years now. While I am not the Wise
Everlasting Know It All... I like to fancy myself somewhat more
knowledgeable than the average obnoxious wind bag :)

Thus I speak from experience - both personal and professional... when I
say I hate Chrysler automatic transmissions. Having had problem after
problem after problem with them in the 3 Dodge trucks I have owned over
the last 12 years. A 4th Dodge (1995 Dakota) had a blown transmission
when I bought it as a parts truck. While I was not the owner of the
truck when the transmission died, and I have no knowledge of how it
happened either... the very fact that it was yet another Dodge with a
dead automatic, doesn't help improve my opinion.

I bought a 5 speed manual Honda Civic as a daily driver a few years ago
- I love the stick shift. I had an old 87 Ranger 4x4 with a 5 speed
about 6 years ago - it was a $150 winter beater... I loved the manual
transmission. I will at all costs avoid buying anything with an
automatic ever again, if I can help it. The permeation of automatics in
this country without an option for a manual transmission, quite sickens
me. Grocery getters, soccer moms, lazy teenagers who don't care to
learn how to drive stick, lazy people in general... people with blown
out kneecaps... who can't shift anymore... hell why don't we blame the
friggin oil companies for the waning availability of manual
transmissions!! Add the big tobacco corporations too! Time Warner
Media! Yes! They are all to blame for the fact that I cannot buy a 3/4
ton Dodge Ram with a stick shift , without having to opt for the $7000
Cummins Diesel option! Not that I would not love having the Cummins, I
would, but I can't afford it! And if I want a blasted stick shift
behind a 5.7L HEMI, I should damned well be able to order it!!!!

So... Mike Higgins... anything else you and Sharon want to talk about?

-- TerribleTom